Rigpa Study & Practice Grants (formerly Rigpa Scholarship Fund) came into being in 2005 to support Rigpa students who did not have the means to take part in the Three-Year Retreat that started in 2006. After the Three-Year Retreat, Study & Practice Grants supported some students to deepen their study and practice and take part in the Shedra.
All Rigpa students have equal opportunities to apply for grants to this fund, including those entrusted as teachers and practice holders who wish to deepen their personal spiritual path, such as through long-term retreats or studies such as:
- Nyenpas and long-term individual retreats;
- International retreats (eg Ngöndro, Dzogchen and Meditation);
- On the ground training such as during events etc.
- Attending practice-intensives such as drupchös
- Training in Shrine & Rituals; chöpons, umdzes, playing instruments, etc.;
- Teacher Training Programme.
Requirements for Applicants – At the moment we are mainly supporting Rigpa students who have the intention, capacity and circumstances to dedicate a considerable amount of their time to Dharma activities. All students who received a grant will be asked to report back on their experience, and its benefits for their study or practice.
The Process – A grant-making committee will oversee the disbursal of grants, through an open and transparent process based on principles of fairness and in line with priorities agreed by the Vision Board and the International Board.
Application – Please carefully read the following points before considering to apply for a grant:
- All funds available have been donated by members of the Rigpa Sangha. In this spirit grant applicants are asked to make genuine efforts to raise funds from other sources prior to making a grant application.
- Every applicant is asked to contribute as much as possible toward the total costs of the event. You could consider asking family, friends, start an Offering Bowl campaign, do a Kickstarter or Go-Fund-Me campaign etc.
- You need to apply at least 6 weeks before the start of an event and keep the deadlines of the Grant Committee meetings in mind which are March 1, May 15, June 15, September 15 and November 15.
- Grants will only be disbursed to the entities where the event takes place, not to individuals.
- All questions asked in the application need to be answered completely and accurately.
- All students who receive a grant for any event will be required to report back on their experience and its benefits for their study or practice.
How to Apply – If you are interested in applying for a Study & Practice Grant, please fill out this form.